Health, Safety, Security and Wellbeing Graduate Programme
The HSSW team is a great place to be. We take care; each and every one of us has a part to play in keeping ourselves, our colleagues and our customers safe and well. Our health and safety vision of zero incidents, zero harm and zero compromise is a way of life and something we can achieve everyday by working together so we all go home safe and well.
Our HSSW graduate programme gives exposure to how catastrophic risk is managed and how we look after our people and customers.
HSSW is never a dull place to be; from helping organise water safety training courses or personal medical assessments to shadowing advisors, undertaking site inspections and preparing reports with fully considered recommendations for continuous improvement.
- After a comprehensive induction you will spend time with different HSSW teams throughout the business to learn how each area operates and the practical application of our management system and processes contributing to our triple zero objective – zero incidents, zero harm, zero compromise.
- As well as industry leading specialist HSSW courses, all our graduates complete an 18 month core graduate development programme. Throughout, you’ll have support from the managers and mentors in your business area. The programme has been designed around you to make sure you have the opportunity to maximise your potential. It has several elements that support you start confidently in our business and develop your knowledge, skills and experience to succeed. You’ll be joining a network of graduates already in our business and will have all the support you need from day one.
- Company induction
- Health and safety training
- Coaching and buddy support
- On-the-job role placements
- Business and personal development modules
- Management development
- WaterAid charity business challenge
- Technical and professional development
- Off-boarding event
- Whether you want to be one of our essential Health and Safety Advisors, Technicians or Security Specialists, this Programme offers a variety of opportunities to progress within the UK’s largest water and wastewater services provider.
- We’re a renowned highly engaged team of specialists who have a great attention to detail and aren’t afraid to call out and address anything that could compromise our goals.
- We look after all of our colleagues and customers across our entire business so are frequently out and about; from Swindon through Reading and the outskirts of London. We seek a likewise graduate.
- How we go about things and our values are important to us, as well as a genuine interest in what we do and our customers. We are a diverse business and are looking for self-driven graduates who are confident stepping into new environments, adding value and whose values reflect ours:
- Reach higher, be better
- Take care
- Passionate about everything we do
- Be respectful and value everyone
- Be proud, be blue
- The most important ask for us is that you share our passion for taking care, helping us achieve our triple zero objective and continuously raising standards.
- You should also have a 2.2 expected or achieved Health and Safety degree and be practically minded, self-motivated and respected by your peers.
- Familiarity with international HSSW standards and management systems is preferred although not essential.