We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Buyer to join our brand, Evans. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Assistant Buyers.
Evans is the leading fashion brand flying the flag for real, feminine figures everywhere. We have a truly dedicated following in the UK and Ireland, with approximately 200 stores nationwide and a growing global operation across Europe, the Far East and the Middle East as part of the Arcadia Group. Wherever they are, our customers can also access our full range of fabulous fashion on our award winning website at Evans.co.uk. To keep delighting our customers, we are constantly striving to exceed their expectations; through our head-turning fashion, second to none service and proportion perfect fit. We attribute our success to an in-depth knowledge about what our customers are looking for, many years of experience, and most importantly our passion for fashion, whatever the size!
- Support the Buyer and contribute to decisions on the product range.
- When required, present garments to senior management and follow up on afterwards action points for the team/department.
- Looks further ahead than immediate problems to focus on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability.
- Delegates responsibility to BAA and develops their skills. Provides a wider more strategic understanding of the business, the customer and the department.
- Keep team informed and up to date on key issues.
- Works closely with Assistant Merchandiser to review department performance and develop areas for improvement.
- Builds effective working relationships both internally (Design, Technical Services, HO based retail function) and externally (Suppliers).
- Anticipates and resolves problems with deliveries continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers.