As a graduate on our tax programme, you will be working as part of our tax team who provide both compliance and tax advisory services to a range of corporate, personal and private clients. You will be required to prepare and advise on tax computations and deal with associated administration. The role will provide a thorough grounding in all aspects of tax compliance and ad-hoc assistance in advisory projects undertaken by the team, whilst undertaking a relevant professional qualification.
- Assist with the preparation of tax computations and returns
- Assist with the completion of various tax forms
- Deal with client communications in respect of their tax affairs including drafting letters and emails and speaking to clients on the telephone
- Prepare simple accounting statements
- Prepare accounting entries necessary for client companies’ financial statements
- Deal with tax administration including the monitoring of filing deadlines
- Ad hoc tax research and analysis
- Develop and strengthen client relationships
- Confident, team player with a commitment to the profession
- Able to demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working with figures, accurate and understands the significance of calculations
- Computer literate, with an aptitude towards spread-sheets and word-processing.
- Enquiring and willing to ask questions when unsure
- Analytical and methodical in their approach to work
- A sense of fun and a desire to succeed
- A 2:1 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- 280 UCAS points, excluding general studies (obtained or predicted in the same year)
- Grade B or above in Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent.