Management Consulting Graduate Analyst
Interested in strategy consulting? Want to be part of a friendly, fast-growing firm? Would you like to combine the intellectual rigour of a city job with the lifestyle of living in the South West? If so, then an Analyst role with CIL Management Consultants in our Frome office may well be for you.
CIL is a consulting firm with a market-leading position within our niche. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to provide commercial due diligence for leading private equity firms in the UK and Europe. We also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to the UK’s most successful smaller businesses. We work across a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, IT, financial services, energy, manufacturing, leisure, business services and many others.
Although we work in structured project teams, we are socially very equal, lively and inclusive. There are no corner offices, no private fiefdoms, no cliques – we work in open-plan offices and are not political. We think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ.
Like all consulting firms, we are only as good as our people. In order to continue our strong growth, we want to recruit bright, motivated graduates to join us in our Frome office starting in April or September 2018.
- The analyst role is the first stage in a strategy consultant’s career. It is a highly demanding job – we will expect a lot from you, but you will receive first class training and will gain valuable experience with which to build a successful career.
- Grasp new business models quickly, typically working on a different project every 4-6 weeks.
- Take responsibility for testing commercial hypotheses through collecting and interrogating primary and secondary research.
- Carrying out rigorous quantitative analysis of industry and internal company datasets.
- Play a key role in debating and refining hypotheses with the project manager and project leader, drafting clear & concise output for inclusion in the final report once agreed.
- Get in front of clients and help present our findings – we firmly believe that early client exposure is a great way to learn & develop.
- Help coach others. We have two new graduate intakes each year so after six months, our analysts will be expected to support new joiners in their own development.
- Rapid, meritocratic progression, with exposure to investors and management teams right from the start
- A high quality training programme delivered within a hugely supportive learning environment (including structured training modules to take you from analyst to partner and financial support to study for relevant qualifications)
- Outstanding remuneration vs. local cost of living
- Participation in our generous company bonus scheme
- Company pension & life assurance schemes
- Option to join company private healthcare scheme (through Vitality)
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement with option to take an additional 5 days each year
- Flexible working options, with little travel and the potential to work from home
- Initiatives to limit weekend working and to give time back in lieu of long hours worked
- Regular company events & socials, as well as post-project team meals
- An incredible company culture, with support to pursue activities & interests outside of work
- Sabbatical and secondment opportunities as you progress through the company
- 2.i or higher undergraduate degree from a top UK or world class university, any discipline
- At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage