Challenge Events Fundraising Officer
We are recruiting a Challenge Events Fundraiser to manage a programme of key/high profile activities and events to raise income and awareness, managing all aspects of The Brighton Marathon, The Virgin Money London Marathon, British 10k, Great North Run and Royal Parks Half Marathon.
- To achieve income and expenditure targets that will secure long term resources for the charity.
- To conceive and develop new fundraising events in collaboration with the Volunteer & Community Fundraising Team and Volunteer & Community Fundraising Manager.
- To achieve personal fundraising targets as agreed with the Volunteer & Community Fundraising Manager.
- To assist with the support of event participants (general public), and be the first point of contact for any fundraising enquires.
- To assist with key areas of administration including data entry, record keeping and letter writing as well as to collate and send fundraising materials upon request.
- Very good level of numeracy and written and spoken English
- 1-2 years experience of working in community and challenge events fundraising.
- Good research skills. Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Highly organised individual, able to work to tight deadlines.
- Positive self-starter, keen to find better ways to deliver tasks and objectives.
- Open and communicative, keen to help others achieve their objectives an excellent team worker.