Production and R&D Electronic Engineer
From their base in Bletchley (Milton Keynes) Thermal Hazard Technology design and manufacture specialised scientific instrumentation; products sold throughout the world to the major international companies, research organisations and universities. With a staff in Bletchley near 20 (plus more in our offices in Indianapolis, Shanghai and New Delhi) this is a small company environment in which people wear several hats; the environment is enthusiastic, scientific and fast moving; we are looking for a graduate with possibly some experience to work within the Production and R&D teams.
- Assisting commissioning engineers by providing technical expertise and practical support using schematics and test equipment
- CAD based documentation maintenance and PCB design
- Servicing systems using fault finding techniques both in the workshop and at the customers site, which at times includes the need to travel internationally
- A high level of IT literacy is required for implementing ISO9001 documentation compliance
- Competence in the use of diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers
- In addition to being a member of the production team, the candidate will spend about a third of their time working on R&D related tasks. These will include the need for:
- Understanding circuits to component level and being able to use this to solve problems on new and existing designs as well as for the purpose of making improvements and addressing component obsolescence.
- Good wiring and soldering skills for building pre-production and prototype boards and cables, etc
- Familiarity with microcontroller/PLC technology and the programming of these would be seen as advantageous.
- A proportional of their time will be spent diagnosing and servicing systems down to component level and will occasionally require them to travel to customer sites globally.
- Hands on practical skills and knowledge relating to the production of through-hole and SMT boards would be a desirable attribute, as well as a familiarity with regards to panel, cable and harness assembly.
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop professionally through in-house training and external courses. It is expected that the candidate will ultimately attain full membership of a professional body such as the IEEE (if not already done), and play a significant role within the company into the future.
- Salary range is from £22,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on experience and academic qualifications.
- The company offers a pension scheme, profit share, paid holidays and other potential benefits to the right candidate.