Assistant Management Accountant
Exciting opportunity for a Part Qualified Accountant to join a well-established professional services business in Manchester. With a heritage of over 100 years and a reputation for quality within their market, you will be contributing to the continued success of a progressively growing business. Reporting into the Finance Director you will benefit from their support, guidance and mentorship as you develop your career further and grow into the number 2 in Finance position.
- Hands on with the day to day accounting and production of the flash reports
- Prepare daily money and capital resources calculations
- Calculate and post monthly management accounts, with detail P&L, analysis
- Calculate and set up payment to agents
- Prepare VAT returns and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly/six monthly/annual FCA returns
- Assist the financial controller on ad hoc projects such as system improvement and developing new reports
- Cover for the financial controller and accounts assistant when required
- Working to and adhering to strict regulatory deadlines
- Ad-hoc Excel and VBa based data project work together with streamlining of systems and processes
- The successful applicant will be actively studying towards professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA) and committed to Qualification.
- You will have gained broad exposure across management and financial accounting and have a strong appreciation of excel as a lot of your work and data analysis will be done within Excel.
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to establish rapport and build relationships with colleagues in particular non finance personnel.
- You will appreciate the heritage and traditions of the business whilst bringing a modern and fresh approach to doing things.
- An interest and knowledge of the Financial Services market would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will benefit from the support of an impressive FD whilst you progress through your professional studies.
- You will also receive a competitive package with study support.
- They adapt a professional but relaxed working environment and have excellent staff retention.