Field Service Engineer
My client is a leading provider of bespoke equipment, providing turnkey solutions to their client base across the UK and overseas. They now require a Field Service Engineer to join the existing team and cover the North East, Central areas and moving down to the South coast. The successful candidate will travel to customer sites carrying out the service and repair of equipment. Due to the nature of the role you will be required to travel to other parts of the UK on a weekly basis.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Royal Navy (Marine Engineer/Technician), British Army (REME Vehicle Technician/Plant Mechanic or Royal Air Force (RAF) Mechanical Technician.
- - A working knowledge of good engineering practices.
- - Methodical approach to fault finding under pressure.
- - Understanding of limits of fit within components.
- - Working knowledge and understanding of Contactors, Valves, Blow plugs, Valves, Pumps, motors, Solenoids and pipework).
- - Removal and refitting of components including seals.
- - Machinery installation and commissioning.
- - Good interpersonal skills, able to work and communicate effectively with clients and contractors at all levels.
- - Be able to work using own initiative without supervision.
- - Knowledge of Health and Safety.
- - Conversant with Method statements and risk assessments.
- - Computer literate with basic IT skills in MS Word and MS Excel.
- - Must have own transport (base office location is not easily accessible by public transport).
- - Be proficient at completing site documentation and following company procedures.
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering with proven service, maintenance and repair background.
- Software knowledge.
- Strong technical background with excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative along with the willingness to work as a team.
- Sound communicator.
- Very flexible approach to work - willing to travel the UK Monday - Friday staying nights out.
- Valid full clean driving licence.
- Salary £24,000 - £28,500 per annum.
- Monday to Friday, typically 8.00am - 5.00pm (8 hour shift).
- 20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (After 2 years it rises 1 day per year to a maximum of 25 days).
- Pension Scheme.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment.