Mechanical Engineering - 12 Month Placement/Internship
In the 12-month Mechanical Engineering Internship, you'll gain invaluable skills and experience covering all aspects of mechanical engineering from requirements analysis, to product design to defining test specifications.
Within this internship, you could be working closely with different functions such as Manufacturing and Product Quality, working on jet engines and aircraft structures, oil and gas products for downhole technology, measurement and sensing or looking at computed models for product design.
You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects. We will support you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE experience. Your manager will offer coaching and mentoring, and the Company will provide the opportunity to connect with other interns across the UK.
If you are passionate about Mechanical Engineering, we would like to hear from you.
The internship will start between June to August 2018 for a duration of 12 months. We currently have internship opportunities in Aberdeen (Scotland), Cardiff (Wales), Cheltenham (Gloucestershire), Farnborough, Glasgow (Scotland), Groby (Leicestershire), Hamble (Southampton), Lisburn (Norther Ireland), Newcastle, Peterborough, Prestwick (Scotland) and Rugby (Warwickshire).
If your preferred location is not currently shown, we would still encourage you to apply, as new locations may become available.
The closing date for applications is 30th January 2018. However, we review all applications on a rolling basis and therefore advise you to apply as soon as possible. The vacancy will close once requirements have been filled.
- The selection stages include online assessments, video interview and a final on site interview.
- Should your skills or experience be suitable for other internship opportunities, we will also consider you for these without you needing to submit a further application.
- When submitting your application, we request you to use an email address that allows us to contact you throughout the year.
- We offer internships across all GE businesses and our Internship Recruitment Team will provide further information on available industries and locations during the hiring process.
- Currently studying towards an Engineering related degree – penultimate/final year
- Passionate about Mechanical Engineering
- Able to take ownership for projects and work to time limits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in challenging projects (Desirable)
- Well organised administration skills (Desirable)
- Inspired and curious (Desirable)
- Reliable and dependable (Desirable)
An internship at GE is an opportunity to learn while doing. At GE, you’ll work with business leaders in an atmosphere that will challenge you, while doing work that makes an immediate impact.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.