Manufacturing Engineering - 12 Month Placement/Internship
In the 12-month Manufacturing Engineering Internship, you'll gain invaluable skills and experience covering all aspects of manufacturing engineering from production to Lean Six Sigma. You could be supporting engineering design, production, materials management and cost reduction projects, liaising across different departments or helping to plan production activities and logistics.
You will be guided by structured goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects. We will support you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE experience. Your manager will offer coaching and mentoring, and the Company will provide the opportunity to connect with other interns across the UK.
If you have a keen interest in Manufacturing Engineering, we would like to hear from you.
The internship will start between June to August 2018 for a duration of 12 months. We currently have internship opportunities in Cardiff (Wales), Cheltenham (Gloucestershire), Farnborough, Gloucester (Gloucestershire), Groby (Leicestershire), Hamble (Southampton), Newcastle, Lisburn (Norther Ireland) and Prestwick (Scotland).
If your preferred location is not currently shown, we would still encourage you to apply, as new locations may become available.
The closing date for applications is 30th January 2018. However, we review all applications on a rolling basis and therefore advise you to apply as soon as possible. The vacancy will close once requirements have been filled.
- The selection stages include online assessments, video interview and a final on site interview.
- Should your skills or experience be suitable for other internship opportunities, we will also consider you for these without you needing to submit a further application.
- When submitting your application, we request you to use an email address that allows us to contact you throughout the year.
- We offer internships across all GE businesses and our Internship Recruitment Team will provide further information on available industries and locations during the hiring process.
- Currently studying towards an Engineering related degree – penultimate/final year
- Keen interest in Manufacturing Engineering
- Able to take ownership for projects and work to time limits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in challenging projects (Desirable)
- Well organised administration skills (Desirable)
- Inspired and curious (Desirable)
- Reliable and dependable (Desirable)
An internship at GE is an opportunity to learn while doing. At GE, you’ll work with business leaders in an atmosphere that will challenge you, while doing work that makes an immediate impact.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.