Keelboat Development and Universities Co-ordinator
The Royal Yachting Association, based in Hamble, is the national governing body for all forms of boating, including dinghy and yacht racing, motor and sail cruising, RIBs and sports boats, powerboat racing, windsurfing, inland cruising and narrowboats, and personal watercraft.
- The Keelboat Racing team strives to increase participation in yacht and keelboat racing around the UK.
- Working alongside stakeholders around the country from clubs and classes to organisations such as British Universities Sailing Association (BUSA) and British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) we promote racing opportunities for younger sailors and deliver racing in areas such as Match Racing and Team Racing.
- Reporting to the Keelboat Development Manager (KDM), the Co-ordinator will primarily work on projects alone although support is available for key times.
- They will be responsible for delivering the National Match Racing Series of 11 events including communication with competitors, booking all resources and facilities and ensuring completion on budget.
- They are also responsible for coordinating the host clubs that deliver the British Keelboat League series of umpired fleet racing.
- The Co-ordinator will also be responsible for the administration of the British Keelboat Academy, alongside the lead coach, which aims to deliver a winter training programme and then help young sailors transition in to Yacht and Keelboat Racing.
- The post also serves as the secretary to BUSA and as such will be very much involved in the organisation of the four major championships, assisting the committee with the delivery of its aims and maintaining records as well as updating the website as needed.
- The work is varied and enjoyable but it will require some out-of-office hours’ work, for which time off is given in lieu. It may also necessitate periods of working away around the UK.
- Range of benefits including pension scheme, free life insurance, 23 days annual leave plus public holidays.