Project Manager (Civils/Water)
A World leading Civil Engineering Contractor is looking to engage a Project Manager to work a part of a major Network Upgrade for Southern Water.
Due to an influx of work coming through on the AMP6 framework they are recruiting for a number of Project Managers across sites on the South Coast in the counties of Hampshire and Sussex in particular.
- You will be responsible for overseeing either one large project, or several smaller ones.
- This is a site based position and you will also be responsible for managing a number of Site Agents and Foreman who are delivering Water & Waste projects in the region.
- Managing the success, safety, quality, environmental, delivery and commercial and programme compliance of all contracts
- Ensuring that business operations are executed in a safe manner with current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Managing onsite personnel within the contract
- Controlling client liaison and site team relationships
- Effectively manage direct labour, sub-contractors, plant hire and material ordering
- To provide accurate management information to Contracts Manager / Project Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager as required
- To manage all contracts with a view to maximising margins
- Preparation of safety documentation as required, CPP / RAMS / Risk Assessments / COSHH Assessments etc.
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Previous construction site management experience
- Water & Waste Water experience essential
- From a solid permanent background
- CSCS black card
- SMSTS certification
- Street Works Supervisor certification
- A working knowledge of the CDM regulations
- A working knowledge of NEC 3 and JCT Conditions of Contract
- A working knowledge of construction methods and techniques
- A working knowledge of current programming software
- A working knowledge and experience of working on water networks
- Ability to work clearly and accurately under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible benefit scheme
- Company car or generous car allowance
- Family Healthcare