Exciting and Challenging Role within Charitable Organisation
- Managing the preparation of the quarterly VAT returns and annual corporation tax returns of the Group in a timely and efficient manner.
- Capital Goods Scheme
- Membership annual adjustment
- Partial exemption annual review
- EC Sales list
- Opt to Tax
- Double Tax Relief
- Ensuring that the partial exemption methodologies for the Group remain fair and reasonable and in line with legislation.
- Undertaking taxation reviews on projects and other significant business areas, providing knowledge and support to the organisation as a whole.
- Undertaking policy reviews in relation to taxation matters, ensuring knowledge is up to date and relevant, updating management in a timely manner.
- Advising the Head of Financial Accounts and Systems and Senior Financial Accountant (Non-Capital) on non-Payroll taxation issues (including VAT and Corporation Tax ) affecting group and all customers , to ensure that taxation liabilities are minimised, as far as legally possible.
- Managing reconciliations relating to taxation and being responsible for communicating and resolving queries with group and all customers.
- Completing the Corporation Tax returns for the Group.
- Reviewing purchase and sales transactions and ensuring correct VAT treatment.
- Producing training on taxation matters for the use of the wider organisation and providing training as requested by the business or where needs are identified.
- Ideally Part or Fully Qualified CTA Candidate
- Relevant accounting and taxation experience