Our client in Northamptonshire are specialists within machine vision and industrial control systems. They have built solid, long-term relationships with customers and suppliers. Their success has been down to the emphasis they place on service, and part down to an insistence on supplying only technically excellent, robust and reliable products. They only partner with suppliers who share their approach to quality and reliability.
Our client secured National and European funding in aerospace, transport, healthcare and biochemical sectors, and work with organisations such as MAS, MTA and PERA in a drive to continually improve the business. They are always enthusiastic about exploring new areas of business in partnership with customers and their needs.
Due to growth this role will be working within an Engineering setting alongside the Director and other Engineers. As an engineer you will be involved in the day to day testing and programming of a range of products including offering technical support and solutions to new clients ensuring a unique and tailored approach is set in place from the initial meeting right through to completion.
- Assisting the team with client enquiries, including attending meetings and writing technical proposals
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education for a range of clients
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements
- Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers and obtaining feedback post-delivery
- Supporting testing activities using technical knowledge including
- Testing a variety of Vision Systems
- Programming products and components to customer specifications
- Developing and giving technical presentations
- Writing clear instructions and support based on the testing conditions
- This is a developing role as new to the business and requires a bright driven professional who has a passion for the industry.
- A relevant degree within Engineering or similar
- Excellent communicator, both written & verbal
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of people
- Keen eye for detail and quality
- Initiative and problem solving
- Organised, able to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Self-driven, positive outlook
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple projects
- Works well in a team and alone
- Relishes a challenge & works well under pressure
- Quick thinking and reactive
- Willingness to learn
- Committed with a desire to progress within a Technical industry
- Methodically minded
- Full driving licence with transport preferred due to location.
- Have knowledge of Electronics / Vision Systems (Desirable)
- Pension, Training and relevant courses funded, Company vehicle & Mobile.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays – Increases with time served