Brightside Insurance is a top 20 insurance broker and are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join an established finance department on a 6 month fixed term basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial financial services environment.
- All postings to the purchase ledger are timely, accurate and that all supplier invoices are appropriately approved and paid within the company's terms and in line with the prescribed internal controls.
- Completion and monitoring of the Operational bank account reconciliations.
- To raise purchase orders for the accounts department in a timely and accurate manner as requested.
- To answer and solve all queries that come from and to cashiering.
- To perform daily reconciliations on the operating bank accounts of the group. This will also involve investigating and unreconciled items and making the required postings to enable them to become reconciled.
- To select the most appropriate nominal codes and cost centres on all PO's raised across the group to ensure all costs are classified correctly in the accounts.
- To assist settling insurer accounts when required.
- To select the appropriate approvers on all purchase orders in a timely manner to ensure purchase orders progress through the system without delay.
- To maintain and reconcile the aged creditors and/or aged debtors plus all supplier statements to ensure invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- To create supplier BACS runs in a timely and accurate manner.
- To accurately post employee expense claims onto the ledger and ensure payment in the correct BACS run.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger in line with
- To review the P&L and ensure all posting to the purchase ledger are accurate.
- Post all relevant cash transactions on a daily basis from all departments in the business and ensure cashbooks balance to zero.
- Able to work under pressure, on own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to remain flexible and professional during periods of change
- You will be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude and be a flexible team player
- Strong Excel skills, with an aptitude for IT.
- Knowledge of access dimensions and Focalpoint and Connect IP would be beneficial.
- Take your Birthday off! Here at Brightside we give you your birthday off to celebrate in style
- 22 days holiday, rising by one each year, up to 27 days in total - plus bank holidays
- Access to hundreds of pounds worth of treatments including dental and optical via our Health Cash Plan scheme
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £500 for recommending a friend
- A salary sacrifice pension scheme
- We reward our long serving employees through extra holiday and one off cash rewards
- We could save you up to £900 on your Childcare costs through our Kiddivouchers scheme