Test & Installation Engineer
Henniker is a leading developer and manufacturer of processes and equipment for surface modification of a wide range of materials used in the aerospace & automotive industries, in medical device manufacture, and in University research.
We are seeking to recruit a test and installation engineer to join our small but skilled production team working on the build, test and installation of the entire range of products.
The role is working within a skilled environment as part of a small but dedicated team.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for testing and installing high value technical equipment and the subsequent training of end users. In addition you will be responsible for processing customer samples and producing written reports of the results. Some domestic and overseas travel will be required. This is to be achieved whilst maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction in terms of product quality and on time delivery.
- Some sub-assembly of mechanical and electrical components using hand tools
- Ensuring products are tested in-line with current quality procedures
- Ensuring products are tested in a timely manner to meet customer demand
- Perform final assembly and test on a range of mechanical, electro-mechanical/electronic assemblies
- Completing and improving product documentation
- Ensure the highest level of quality is achieved at all times
- Communicating professionally and effectively
- A recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline or higher level (ONC/HNC/HND/Degree) qualification in an engineering or science discipline
- The ability to read engineering schematics/drawings
- Experience of electro-mechanical assembly or electro-mechanical testing (although full training will be provided)
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of vacuum systems (medium and ultra-high vacuum) would be advantageous although again, full training will be given