A leading private college based in Soho, Central London are looking to recruit a 'Finance Assistant'.
The role is on a 'Temp to Perm' basis and you MUST be available for an immediate start.
- Organise and manage the routine work activities in Accounts Payable and ensure efficient and accurate operations. Coding and processing Supplier's invoices. Obtain authorisation from the appropriate budget holder. Processing monthly payment runs based on invoices approved for payment by Finance Director and Executive board. Filing and scanning documents.
- Process direct debits, update and maintaining spreadsheet with new direct debits, contracts filing electronically.
- Aged Creditors reconciliation for monthly Management Accounts
- Processing of expense claims after checking receipts to ensure they're accurately recorded and supporting documentation is adequate; i.e. VAT invoice where applicable. Ensure expenses comply with HMRC legislation and raise any queries with the Management Accountant. Analyse expenses ensuring they are accurately allocated to projects and cost centres.
- Taking Balance Payments for courses and chasing outstanding debt when necessary.
- Create monthly Purchase Orders (PO) and sent off to the relevant suppliers. Ensure all orders relate to specific budgets. Responsible for preparing a monthly report detailing outstanding orders for month end management accounts. Dealing with Suppliers and order related queries.
- Main point of contact for ordering items on line; booking hotels and travel etc. using Company Credit Card. Preparing monthly Credit Card reconciliation report for review.
- Responsible for utilising and maintaining Stock Control on Sage. Preparing monthly Stock Reconciliation for Management Accountant to review. Coordinating with all departments to obtain monthly Stock Takes and processing it on the system.
- Part qualified technician level or studying towards AAT or any other equivalent
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Prior experience of using any accountancy software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Offices and similar databases.
- The ability to present a professional and positive image of the college
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading college with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.