Accounts Assistant / Assistant Legal Cashier / Finance Clerk
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
Our Client is currently recruiting for a talented and dynamic Finance Assistant/Legal Cashier to join their Finance Department for a 10-11 month fixed term contract to provide maternity cover.
- The administration of the purchase ledger - posting purchase ledger invoices, payments and the preparation of supplier account reconciliations
- The posting of legal bills and bank receipts
- The processing of online bank transfers
- Preparation of BACS and cheque payments
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Ad hoc financial and management reporting as required
- Assisting with preparation for annual accounts
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Other duties as may be required by the firm
- The ideal candidate will be someone who has demonstrable experience of working in a busy, high volume Finance Department and will understand the mechanics of purchase ledgers and bank reconciliations.
- Additionally applicants must be confident with IT and have sound Excel skills.
- The candidates must be able to work self-sufficiently on an independent basis although you will be based within a small and friendly team.
- Related qualification (e.g. AAT) or degree an advantage
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Significant experience in purchase ledger
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of working in a high volume environment
- Sound experience in cashbook
- Proficiency in doing bank reconciliations, both manual and automated
- Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels and to liaise with all parties, both internal and external
- Strong sense of responsibility
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing and able attitude
- Experience of working in a Solicitors' practice (Desirable)
- Knowledge of legal case management systems (Desirable)
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping (Desirable)
- Understanding of the principles of VAT (Desirable)
- Full clean driving licence (Desirable)