Graduate Major Equipment and Procurement
Major Equipment Procurement is responsible for defining, managing and maintaining MBDA’s highly complex international supply chain.
Without the support of its large network of Sub-contractors, MBDA would not have the capability to design, manufacture and support its world leading weapon systems. It is the role of MEP to control this system in order to ensure that we remain competitive, capable and agile, whilst ensuring maximum value is extracted.
Unlike typical commodity based procurement organisations, MEP is responsible for procuring mainly bespoke major sub-assemblies throughout each weapon system such as Motors, Power Supplies, Launchers, Guidance system’s and Warheads etc.
With each respective subcontractor, MBDA strives to forge successful, long-term collaborative relationships promoting early engagement to obtain the maximum in terms of capability, value and competitiveness.
- As an MEP graduate you will experience working with equipment at the forefront of technology within a world leading complex weapons manufacturer. You will have the opportunity to develop a skill set in terms of negotiation, management and a multitude of other vital aspects, all of which will assist in career development.
- The MEP environment is dynamic, with diverse and fast moving requirements, each of which will prove challenging but rewarding to any prospective graduate. Overall however, the MEP graduate scheme will provide real responsibility, with real objectives and real challenges combined with recognition and opportunities to develop yourself and forge a career within a real world leader.
- You will be responsible for managing long term business relationships with complex subcontractors by implementing Supplier Relationship Management techniques.
- Monitoring the commercial health of Suppliers and identifying risks associated in order to protect MBDA’s commercial interests.
- Managing and being accountable for drafting and negotiation of Requests for Quotation’s (RFQ’s), contracts and other industrial agreements ensuring they meet the requirements of the task and minimises risk and provide value to MBDA.
- Assisting in the development of sub-contractor strategies to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans.
- Running sub-contractor meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure that contractual obligations are being met
- Ensuring the Sub-contractor delivers to programme in line with project requirements within authorized budgets and technical requirements.
- Employing supply chain management techniques to ensure the MBDA supply base employs minimal risk
- Use of Procurement tools to ensure efficient management of MBDA’s supply base.
- Working within multifunctional teams to ensure that all internal and external progress milestones are met or exceeded.
- We are looking for someone, with a definite interest and enthusiasm for aerospace, defence and engineering in general with a desire to succeed and contribute as part of a team.
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
- You will have obtained a minimum of a 2:2 classification and should have a natural confidence and proactivity that is able to perform in a challenging commercial environment. As such you will need strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills in order successfully integrate within the existing MEP Team.
- Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.