The Finance Graduate programme offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company, within a supportive, challenging Finance Directorate, while studying towards becoming a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) with CIMA.
While on the scheme, you will rotate through three year-long placements within the Finance function. These placements vary, but range from Group Finance, where you will oversee the consolidation of national MBDA companies’ financial accounts, to Project Finance, where you will support a team of engineers and commercial colleagues in management of the financial aspects of contracts with customers and suppliers.
These experiences will support your CIMA application to receive CGMA status, along with your studies, as well as develop your personal skillset to become a well-rounded asset to the company.
- Understanding and implementation of double entry bookkeeping and financial accounting
- Support of financial management of prime contracts
- Forecasting cash payments and receipts, and cost at completion of work packages
- Financial hedging
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Support of budget and business plan preparation
- Completion of annual financial statements
- Generate cost estimates and analyse risks for bids to potential customers
- Time management and organisation – being able to balance work responsibilities with study
- Mathematical skills – the work relies on being good with numbers
- Dedication to the team and work – there will be peaks and troughs in workload and being dedicated to getting the work done during peaks is a must
- Communication – especially technical information to a non-specialist audience
- Self-motivation and drive – required to get through studies!
- Good Excel skills – spreadsheets are used a lot within the function
- Adaptability – placement movements require getting used to different people and ways of working
- Experience with SAP is a bonus
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
- CIMA qualification is fully funded, with fully subsidised course, exam and travel expenses along with additional leave granted for study and exam days
- A proper role within the department – you will have your own responsibilities, with support from colleagues and line managers
- Movement between different business areas, which adds variety and builds experience
- Progression through qualifications is recognised with increased responsibility and rewards
- Opportunities for further work responsibilities through ‘Trading Places’
- Training courses about the other Finance departments through the Integrated Finance Campus (IFC)
- Development courses for graduates provided by HR, on top of other training provided by the company
- Opportunities to work with different cultures, as well as to travel
- Graduates have a large support network through other graduates, Mentors, Buddies, Team they work within
- Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.