Application Support Analyst
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the Application Support Analyst role provides re-active and pro-active incident resolution and service request management for issues reported to the Axios Service Centre.
You will be responsible for accurately recording, progressing and resolving internal and external customer related issues ensuring that the required service level is achieved.
You will provide first-level troubleshooting and resolution to end users for Incidents of a moderate nature; this may involve liaising with other resolver groups and third party providers.
- Acting as the initial contact point, receiving and handling requests for support
- Responding to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution.
- Provide first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocate unresolved issues as appropriate
- Prioritise and diagnose incidents according to agreed procedures
- Investigate the cause of incidents and seek resolution
- Escalate unresolved incidents
- Facilitate recovery, following resolution of incidents
- Document and close resolved incidents according to agreed procedures
- Contribute to maintenance, installation and problem resolution
- Communicates well, orally and in writing and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets
- Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for driving own development
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Accredited to ITIL foundation level or higher (desirable)
- A good standard of advanced education
- Experience of resolving Incidents in a ITIL environment, operating in structured processes with well-defined documentation sets
- Experience of providing advice and guidance on technical matters
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers