Staff Proposal Writer
We are looking for talented and skilled individuals to join our existing team as Staff Proposal Writers.
- carrying out background research to build the ‘evidence base’ required to develop credible, informed content
- with the support and guidance of an experienced Proposal Manager, writing strong, detailed and well-structured first draft content
- working closely with Proposal Managers and Evaluators to prepare excellent final content.
- You will also in involved in creatively developing client propositions in collaboration with other members of the team and you will play an active role in regular continuous improvement team meetings.
- On a day to day basis, you will work in a small team with other writers and the Proposal Managers. The office environment is relaxed and supportive. There will be some team working but there will be a large amount of independent working.
- Full training will be provided to help candidates gain an understanding of the sectors we work in and of the work we carry out. This will be provided through a mixture of e-learning, short Open University courses, detailed feedback from the line manager and regular team seminars.
- We are looking for people who love writing and who are really good at it.
- Candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates need to be able to work independently, will have a good eye for detail and will take pride in producing high quality writing.
- Candidates will be able to source background reference and explanatory material to support their writing
- The ideal candidate will, as well as carrying out their core role really well, enjoy contributing generally to the overall environment and success of the company. This could include making suggestions for areas of improvement, contributing actively at team meetings or leading one of the regular team seminars.