Weapon System Equipment Graduate
To work across a variety of projects and engineering disciplines as part of a large, international Group. This is a two year structured Graduate programme in Weapon System Equipment (WSE) with the opportunity of exploring an six month external placement within another department either internal or external to MBDA.
- MBDA designs, develops and produces many complex products and systems. These products consist of intricate sub-systems and equipment, each of which requires comprehensive technical and project management to ensure that they are fit for purpose and delivered on time and to cost.
- The Weapon System Equipment (WSE) team is a fast-growing group of engineers, within the larger Weapon System Architecture & Equipment (WSAE) Group, who are responsible for managing groups of equipment and Weapon System sub-systems from the bidding stage, through their development programme, on to production and integration in to the platform.
- WSE develop innovative architectures, equipment policies and technical standards to enable us to effectively and efficiently achieve our weapon systems’ requirements, delivering equipment to meet performance needs and optimise modularity and reuse.
- Additionally, our highly skilled teams are deployed across MBDA product lines to maximise the benefits of tri-national synergy and apply lessons learnt, good practice and re-use across projects.
- As a WSE engineer, you will develop broad and comprehensive skills in several technical areas, project management and product delivery. Regular contact with suppliers and customers will require professionalism and diplomacy in presenting the subsystem achievements and programme. You will work with a multi-disciplined team across the product life cycle, including procurement, commercial, external suppliers & design authorities, mechanical & electronic engineers, software engineers, trials & integration teams, and customers.
- Ground, naval and airborne launchers
- Launcher sequencers (delivering comms and power to the missiles pre-launch)
- Command and control hardware
- Ruggedized laptops, terminals and control panels
- Communication systems
- We would welcome a well performing applicant working towards a 2.2 or higher in subjects such as engineering (mechanical, electronic, systems, aerospace etc.), physics, mathematics and computer science.
- Could you gain a breadth of understanding of complex systems and apply your knowledge to various subjects/other engineering domains?
- Could you adapt to switch between customer-focused, supplier-focused and technical-focused activities?
- Do you have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills?
- Do you have other interests/experience that you could apply?