Systems Design & Validation Graduate
An excellent position in the System Design and Validation Department (SD&V) where you will support a Systems Engineering team working on one of the numerous projects we have at MBDA.
The department is responsible for ensuring new weapon systems are designed to meet the customers’ needs by; providing a structured approach to solving complex technical challenges. It focuses on defining customer needs, creating new weapon system concepts, and refining design definitions to provide understanding on ever more complex design challenges.
- As a Graduate Engineer within Systems Design you will quickly gain a broad understanding of the most advanced missile systems, across all three operating environments; land, sea and air. You will have opportunities to work on different projects at various points within the Engineering lifecycle from concept to conclusion.
- Understanding the whole system. This will involve working across a wide group of different engineering teams internally, as well as with external stakeholders such as subcontractors, customers and/or joint partners.
- Taking early responsibility and ownership of significant work packages (such as requirement specifications or change control procedures) and the chance to get involved in key design decisions.
- Influencing and conducting development of future technologies and technology demonstrator programmes.
- Creating design definitions for missile systems and the technologies that they contain
- Testing equipment and hardware design, development and operation
- Conducting trials analysis including collation, interpretation and presentation of data into meaningful results
- Using software to perform Using software to contribute to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) performed by systems team
- Have an interest in the defence industry
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communicators; able to demonstrate skills in presenting and technical report writing.
- Proactive in finding & collecting information and thinking about further steps.
- Capable of quickly understanding complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working in teams and taking on responsibility.
- Able to derive logical solutions to inform design decisions
- Hold or be working towards a minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent qualification) or Masters level degree in aeronautical, aerospace, electrical or systems engineering, maths, physics, or similar. Applicants with relevant postgraduate qualifications are also encouraged.
- Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.