Application Support Analyst
- Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the Application Support Analyst role provides re-active and pro-active incident resolution and service request management for issues reported to the Axios Service Centre.
- You will be responsible for accurately recording, progressing and resolving internal and external customer related issues ensuring that the required service level is achieved.
- You will provide first-level troubleshooting and resolution to end users for Incidents of a moderate nature; this may involve liaising with other resolver groups and third party providers.
- Acting as the initial contact point, receiving and handling requests for support
- Responding to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution.
- Provide first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocate unresolved issues as appropriate
- Prioritise and diagnose incidents according to agreed procedures
- Investigate the cause of incidents and seek resolution
- Escalate unresolved incidents
- Facilitate recovery, following resolution of incidents
- Document and close resolved incidents according to agreed procedures
- Contribute to maintenance, installation and problem resolution
- Communicates well, orally and in writing and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets
- Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for driving own development
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Accredited to ITIL foundation level or higher (desirable)
- A good standard of advanced education
- Experience of resolving Incidents in a ITIL environment, operating in structured processes with well-defined documentation sets
- Experience of providing advice and guidance on technical matters
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers