Design / CAD Engineer (Fabrication)
Our client manufactures an exciting range of systems for the construction, automotive, acoustic and audio markets, exporting to numerous countries around the world. They are a leading manufacturer of engineered facade and roofing systems to the architectural sector, complemented by a comprehensive range of fasteners, load bearing components and accessories. They have full in-house testing facilities, as well as 3D design and engineering analysis and also produce a broad range of acoustic mesh and perforated components for the automotive, architectural and audio markets, specialising in visual imaging on facades as well as aesthetic diffusion and absorption solutions.
To undertake the detailing function within Fabrication as part of the detailing team to provide shop floor details and CNC machine programs. Directly liaising with clients (Main Contractors, Architects, Installers and Site Teams) and Ash & Lacy production teams across UK branches, contributing to the production of a range of market leading products
- Interpret customer product requirements and produce shop floor drawings to suit manufacturing depots by use of Excel templates, AutoCAD, Inventor, Radan software or another suitable 3D/2D package.
- Based on manufacturing domain product filters into provide CNC programs (use of Radan or similar)
- As and when require visit client sites for design team meetings, identify project requirements and site measures.
- Liaise with production, sales and client teams to determine detailing requirements and distribute RFI's as required to ascertain key product criteria's.
- Generate Bill of Materials for shop floor build up products and ensure supply chain is informed on special requirements.
- Support fabrication production teams and process improvement team to develop new production methodologies by contributing via detailing resource and industry know how.
- Strict adherence to in-house design schedules and creation of pre-order schedules for downstream processes. Highlight any deviation at early stage to production team to mitigate later process difficulties
- Assist line manager to develop counter measures, where required to mitigate future occurrences of External/Internal non-conformances.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance steps (i.e. check sheets, drawing reviews, and detailing standard) across all product sets.
- When required provide engineering/detailing support for enquiries across the product sectors.
- Adhere to required administrative housekeeping activities (technical documents, time sheets, DDS, Variation Fees and the like) on time and up to date.
- Provide support regarding to process & operations development to the Quality-Process Engineer. This will be via relevant process documents and/or process maps.
- Ensure individual performances are duly captured and assist line manager to review and analyse team performance
- Previous experience of working in a Design/ CAD Engineer role or Similar essential
- Experience of RADAN Programming & AutoCAD 2D essential
- Design and Detailing experience essential
- Knowledge and experience in sheet metal work industry desirable
- CNC machine operation experience desirable
- Inventor or similar 3D software desirable
- Strong IT skills
- Confident to liaise and build good working relationships with all levels of personnel
- Effective organisational and planning skills
- Min GCSE educated or equivalent (Grades A* - C) or equivalent