Christmas Casuals - Southampton Mail Centre
We are currently looking for Christmas Casuals - Southampton Mail Centre - Mitchell Way
- The Christmas period is naturally a very busy time of year for Royal Mail.
- To help us handle the increased volumes of mail we require casual workers to sort mail in our mail centres with start dates between mid-November through to mid-December.
- As the face of Royal Mail you will work as part of a team ensuring we continue to deliver the high standards of service our customers expect.
- In the mail centre you will cover various indoor roles in a warehouse environment, you could be unloading mail from vans, moving large volumes of mail around in trolleys, sorting parcels and letters manually or operating machinery.
- It is a fast paced environment and you'll be working to efficient methods to meet our business performance targets. A mail centre can process over a million items in a shift and you'll be a valuable part of making that happen.
- As a Mail Centre postwoman or postman, you will need to be flexible and adaptable, changing from one role to another to move the work quickly along the processing chain.
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Accurate and have attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable as you are likely to undertake several different tasks in one shift
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to push trolleys weighing up to 250kg