Assistant Bridge Engineer Highway Structures
7 days left
- Full Time
As Assistant Bridge Engineer, you will participate in progressing highway structures design / assessment schemes.
This is a great opportunity for the assistant bridge engineer to gain experience and knowledge of working with national and European requirements and codes of design, assessment, conceptual and detailed design of highway structural assets such as highway or pedestrian bridges as well as the structural elements like expansion joints, parapets, etc.
Receiving mentoring by more experienced chartered engineers in the team, the assistant bridge engineer will have the opportunity to progress his/her career towards chartership
- Assist to progress cost effective, feasible and safe structural solutions (design, assessment, refurbishment, strengthening or replacement of bridges, expansion joints, parapets, etc);
- Appropriate degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- An advantage to have experience of using engineering software packages like AutoCAD, LUSAS, etc
- Demonstrable capability of understanding the behaviour of structures including structural analysis and design