Graduate ITS Engineer - Bath
The Capita Property and Infrastructure Technology team has an enviable reputation as specialist consultants in the field of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and a record of delivering innovative solutions for leading edge projects within the UK, including the introduction of new technology, asset management systems specification/development and enforcement consultancy.
We are currently recruiting for an ambitious Graduate level Technology Engineer to deliver technical work and provide specialist services to exacting standards. The duties will be to support Associate Directors, Principal Consultants, other senior staff and a variety of different teams in the delivery of technology projects across a number of technical areas. The role would be based in our Bath office, servicing clients in the surrounding areas, as well as across the country. This is an excellent step for a recent civil or electronic engineering graduate who is looking to specialise in a dynamic and niche area within engineering.
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
- Supporting the service and asset data management of a Government Agency Asset Management system and its future development;
- Provide research support to Asset Management / Benchmarking projects;
- Data Capture, Verification and Analysis Services;
- Assist in the development of new Asset Management Services - maintenance and whole-life management;
- Traffic Management Systems including telephony, signals, message signs and CCTV etc.;
- Working directly with our internal and external clients
- Smart Operations - using technology to improve efficiencies in all aspects of design and maintenance, trialling new technology & bringing to market;
- Initiatives on new Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the future covering detection, management and enforcement;
- Contract Service Level Management Services.
- Contributing towards safe, efficient, effective delivery of our Technology consultancy services;
- Working directly with our internal and external clients;
- Project Management and ensuring successful delivery of projects;
- Contract management; site supervision and managing services for a wide range of clients;
- Developing and producing designs and technical specifications;
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering / Science based discipline, preferably in Civil, Electrical / Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering;
- Theoretical and / or work experience of highways technology or a similar technical environment, for example rail, light-rail, utilities, defence, ICT (Information & Communications Technology), security, electrical, telecommunications;
- Highly motivated, versatile and enthusiastic, target driven and customer focused;
- Able to work well in a team environment and willing to take responsibility and supervise others if required (e.g. suppliers) leading work packages etc;
- Task oriented, and responsible for their individual performance targets and contribution to team performance targets;
- Good communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships by communicating effectively at all levels within the business and with Clients and other organisations;
- Good written communications skills with the ability to produce reports and other documents to exacting standards;
- At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job.
- We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
- As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.