Student Activities Administrator
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of ‘Delivering a Positive Impact with every Portsmouth student’. As we enter the third year of delivering our Strategic plan, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Student Activities Team.
- The post-holder will be responsible for providing administrative support and delivering the processes and systems across all facets of the Union’s Activities Department (e.g. societies, media, RAG, volunteering and sports).
- The post holder will maintain high standards of customer care and adhere to the Union’s policies and procedures.
- The post is 35 hours per week, 35 weeks per year around term time. Fixed term contract to end of July 2018.
- The post-holder will be able to provide administrative support and delivery of processes and systems across all facets of the Union’s Activities Department (e.g. societies, media, RAG, volunteering and sports) as well as being front line support for the Activities Department.
- The post holder will already have gained experience in customer care (including face to face support) and operational administration.
- Knowledge of the barriers to student activities participation is important.
- Project administration and organisation including health and safety would be advantageous although training will be given.
- Importantly the post holder will have a passion for student activities, be proactive and organised with a high level of customer service excellence.
Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University. As a charity led by our values and guided by our students, we do this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to the 20,000 students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.5M per annum, employing approximately 60 staff. The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
If you would like to apply, please fill out an application form before the closing date.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Anna Richardson, Activities Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 9284 5993.
Please note that CVs cannot be considered as applications.
Closing date for applications: Midday on the 29th September 2017
Interviews will be held on: 12th October 2017