Trainee Investment Manager
Brooks Macdonald is a discretionary investment manager which was formed in 1991 with the desire to do things differently. We are pioneers of fee only investment management. Since inception, the company has grown organically - funds under management rose from £1.22bn in December 2008 to over £10.5bn today. Brooks Macdonald has been a member of the Alternative Investment Market since 2005 and currently employs 500 people. Headquartered in London, the Company has 13 offices across the UK and the Channel Islands.
We are looking for a graduate trainee to work towards becoming an Investment Manager within our Investment Management team in our Cardiff office. The trainee will join a supported training programme in order to complete the necessary professional exams (Chartered Wealth Qualification - level seven) and gain the operational experience required to qualify as an Investment Manager. The successful candidate will be ambitious, highly numerate, and articulate, with the discipline to undertake both the role as well as to study for the professional exams.
- Assisting investment managers within the team to allow them to manage client portfolios
- Producing client review packs including performance and asset allocation
- Liaise with investment services in the transfer of client assets
- Build relationships with the professional adviser community
- Undertake industry standard qualifications
- Undertake internal education sessions focused on the industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- An inquisitive mind and a willingness to learn