You’re our ultimate investment.
At Baillie Gifford, your intellectual curiosity and individual thinking are two qualities that will be highly valued. After all, you’ll be imagining what the future of the world will look like - and which companies will take us there.
You’ll research those companies from every possible angle - politics, people, culture, geography and many other factors that could impact on their performance and success. Then you will bring all of that information together into a cohesive report that sparks discussion and debate.
For us, it’s about building the detailed picture we need to ascertain the long-term value of a potential investment. For you, it’s about using your creativity, imagination and inquisitive nature to unearth new discoveries and insights.
- In our experience, graduates benefit most from on-the-job training. Learning from some of the most experienced investors in the UK means that you’re constantly absorbing fresh streams of information and knowledge. This will be complemented by tailored courses and professional qualifications.
- In your first few weeks, you’ll learn the basics of investment analysis and gain a general introduction to the firm and our clients.
- You’ll spend your first year with a single team, learning about its specialism, before rotating to another team. During this time, you’ll also start to work towards CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Level 1 and IMC (Investment Management Certificate) qualifications with full support from us, including registration payment, materials and time to study.
- In years two and three you’ll have the option to continue with CFA Levels 2 and 3, again with full support. Each year you’ll rotate to a new team, gaining a broad view of the different investments and geographies we work in.
- This role’s about intellectual challenge
- You’ll be discussing your thoughts with some of the brightest minds in the industry and meeting business people who have the potential to change the world. So of course you have to be able to articulate those thoughts clearly as people will challenge your opinions.
- We’re looking for the brightest minds from any academic background. In terms of your degree subject, we’re completely open-minded and we actively encourage applications from graduates with an Arts, Humanities or Science degree. Our training programme will provide you with all the technical skills you need to become an Investment Analyst.
- What’s important is that you're keen to make an effective contribution from day one. After all, we’ll see you as a full member of our team from the moment you join us.