Graduate Water Engineers – Civil, Mechanical, Structural
7 days left
- Full Time
Communities around the globe are challenged to find effective ways to manage water throughout the water cycle restoring the water we use to continue sustaining the natural environment. At AECOM, our Water specialists work together worldwide to find innovative solutions to the management of water.
An example of our work is the ongoing Bathing Waters improvements in Torbay for South West Water where AECOM are lead designer for five schemes to improve sewer overflow performance and bathing water quality at local beaches. This is typical of our multi-disciplinary project work where our teams including civil, structural and mechanical/electrical engineers collaborate with clients and the supply chain to deliver large scale infrastructure improvements to benefit the environment and local communities.
For the Jeddah Stormwater Drainage Programme AECOM delivered fast-tracked solutions including 10 flood-protection dams and 170km of channels and conduits to protect the city’s 3.5 million residents.
- Technical design work such as Hydraulic modelling, catchment management, flood risk analysis,
- and infrastructure and non-infrastructure design
- Conducting site visits, to develop a wider understanding of how designs are implemented.
- Feasibility reports and business cases
- Data capture and asset record.
- Modules in water management, hydraulics and design projects would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- A basic understanding of hydraulic systems would be beneficial however is not essential.
- BEng in civil, mechanical, structural or environment engineering (2:1 or equivalent)
- An MEng in civil, mechanical, structural or environmental engineering (2:1 or equivalent) would be preferred