Graduate Water Engineers
6 days left
- Full Time
Communities around the globe are challenged to find effective ways to manage water throughout the Water cycle restoring the water we use to continue sustaining the natural environment. At AECOM, our water specialists work together worldwide to find innovative solutions to the management of water. Our Water teams in Ireland deliver projects locally within the UK & Ireland and to our clients in the Middle East and Central America.
The AECOM Water teams in Ireland are a cohesive unit of qualified, experienced and dedicated professionals, delivering optimum whole-life solutions to meet the needs of our clients. We connect with our colleagues globally and have a proven reputation for collaborative working. We operate across a number of functions including: wastewater treatment; wastewater network infrastructure; water treatment; water network infrastructure; water resources; and development infrastructure. Our services include:
- Feasibility & Business Case
- Project Management
- Health & Safety
- Site Supervision
- Data Capture & Asset Records
Working on a wide variety of projects with a variety of clients ensures real opportunities for personal growth and career progression as our graduates develop professionally within a positive culture where learning and development is actively supported and promoted. We have an active local graduate training committee and support our graduates to pursue their professional development through professional organisations such as ICE or CIWEM. This is complemented by AECOM’s Graduate Development programme providing broader development and training and an opportunity to meet with other graduates.
For the IRIS Regional Sewage Treatment Strategy on the Isle of Man AECOM delivered feasibility and design services for wastewater network and treatment solutions at over twenty towns and villages across the Island. The project focused on the identification and development of the most sustainable solution for each settlement and culminated in Isle of Man Government approval being received for a £75M programme of recommended capital projects.
For the Placencia Wastewater Project in Belize AECOM is applying the skills and expertise of the teams in Ireland to deliver a first-time sewerage scheme for the Placencia Peninsula in the Caribbean. The team includes experts from our environmental teams in the US and is focused on delivering the optimum solution for Belize Water Services in a technically challenging and environmentally sensitive
During Northern Ireland Water’s Integrated Wastewater Framework AECOM delivered services from concept to commissioning on a £150M capital programme involving new wastewater treatment works and major wastewater infrastructure upgrades throughout Northern Ireland. Services included feasibility, design, contract management and site supervision.
- Working with other team members to undertake technical work, site work, and project management
- Working on site and site visits, to develop wider understanding of how designs are implemented.
- The design of wastewater treatment; wastewater network infrastructure; water treatment; water network infrastructure; water resources; and development infrastructure
- Feasibility reports and business cases
- Feasibility & Business Case
- Data capture and asset record
- Modules in waste water, water resources, water treatment would be an advantage
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- BEng in Civil, Civil & Structural, or Environment Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil or Environmental Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage