Graduate Structural Engineer (Buildings)
6 days left
- Full Time
AECOM is one of the world’s largest professional engineering consultancies, bringing a comprehensive portfolio of multidisciplinary engineering skills with our structural engineers frequently providing the leading role in the development of building projects. We are currently engaged in a wide variety of building projects from world class sporting venues through to commercial properties, healthcare and research, hotels and resorts, industrial and manufacturing developments. These projects are located both in the UK and increasingly overseas. Recent examples of our projects are the award winning Halley VI research laboratory in Antarctica, the Serpentine Gallery in Hyde Park, the venues for the Rio Olympics, Spartak Moscow’s new football stadium and Portonovi One and Only Hotel Resort in Montenegro.
Structural engineers work closely within design teams to ensure that the projects we create together perform sustainably and holistically to meet the brief and budget. Increasingly we work with our other internal business lines such as architecture, environment, transportation and our own project managers to provide a one stop solution to our clients and their projects.
Across our UK offices, we wish to recruit graduates who can bring passion and flair to our work, have a real interest in improving the built environment and want to now apply their recently gained engineering skills to the real world.
- Developing analytical and design skills
- Creating designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Collecting and analysing data under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Using various tools to solve basic engineering problems
- Liaising with other disciplines within the project team to coordinate design
- Performing work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision
- Contributing to a wide range of projects as the work load dictates
- Assisting in the development of our projects through the different design stages
- Attending meetings and workshops with other design professionals such as architects through to inspections during the construction phase.
- As our graduates develop they are expected to take on more responsibility in managing projects which in turn leads to more challenges and rewarding career progression.
- Enthusiasm and drive to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Demonstration of the desire to create opportunity or make the most of opportunities to develop academic, engineering or life experiences.
- Masters degree accredited by a professional engineering institution such as the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Ideally degree qualification at 2:1 or higher.