Graduate Quantity Surveyor
We have a number of opportunities across the UK for Quantity Surveying graduates to work within our project cost management teams, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
- Commercial – new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
- Manufacturing, Industrial and Automotive facilities for Clients such as Rolls Royce, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover
- Education establishments including schools, academies and universities
- Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
- Leisure and Culture projects such as theatres, concerts halls and museums
- Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects. Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield.
You will also have chance to be involved in all stages of a project; from initial project definition and brief, cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use, you have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself
gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
- Cost modelling and cost planning
- Value and Risk Analysis
- Life Cycle costing
- Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
- Compilation of contract documentation
- Attendance at site progress meetings
- Completion of Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Due Diligence reporting
- Review and management of change control procedures.
- A Quantity Surveying Graduate at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, and see projects from inception to completion on site.
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
- Professional manner
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in quantity surveying (preferably RICS accredited)