Graduate Power Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
We are addressing the world’s appetite for energy by aligning our integrated consultancy teams with the needs and goals of developers, construction contractors, financiers and operators of energy infrastructure.
Committed to addressing the complete spectrum of energy challenges, we offer expertise in the following sectors: renewable energy (wind and solar), hydro-power, bio-energy (including energy from waste), energy efficiency and carbon management, thermal power generation, nuclear power and transmission and distribution.
The Transmission & Distribution, (T&D), Engineering team provides a range of services from the initial concept through High Voltage Power Systems Analysis, Cabling, Substations, Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure, System Balancing and Compensation, Protection Systems, SCADA, Communications, Converter Station Design, HVDC Systems and Interconnectors including overseas links. We provide development, design, maintenance and project management for all services and comply with client and other stakeholder’s quality, technical, commercial, safety and environmental requirements.
Many of our engineers are chartered and have a proven track record of providing high quality design and consultancy services. We encourage membership and networking activities in industry bodies including the IET and sector specific bodies like CIGRE as part of our team’s personal development.
- Conceptual Design
- Power Network Design
- Power System Analysis & Studies
- Load & Demand Forecasting
- System Stability Analysis
- Substation Site Selection
- Substation Design
- Switchyard Design
- Transmission Line Corridor Siting & Routing Studies
- Transmission & Distribution Network Design
- Ground Resistivity Measurement & Earthing System Design
- Communications Systems Design
- 3D Substation & Switchyard Layout Visualisation
- Lightning Protection System Design
- Overhead & Underground Cable System Design
- Tariff Studies
- Control & Protections Systems Design
- Interconnector Studies & Design
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Transformer & Switchgear Selection & Installation
- Options Selection & Evaluation
- Value Engineering
- Academic study should include HV and power related course work options
- Meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel on occasion.
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently & in teams.
- Good numeric and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible to deal with varying workload