Graduate Mechanical Engineer
We are addressing the world’s appetite for energy by aligning our integrated consultancy teams with the needs and goals of developers, construction contractors, financiers and operators of energy infrastructure.
Committed to addressing the complete spectrum of energy challenges, we offer expertise in the following sectors: renewable energy (wind and solar), hydro-power, bio-energy (including energy from waste), energy efficiency and carbon management, thermal power generation, nuclear power and transmission and distribution.
The Mechanical Engineering team within our Nuclear business concentrates on the development and design of mechanical systems and plant packages for the handling of hazardous fluids and materials; the protection of personnel and the environment for radioactive exposure; the preservation of safe controlled working environments.
Using industry standard design software tools and supported by a wide variety of specialists in many aspects of mechanical design and analysis, AECOM Mechanical Engineers provide high quality, high specifications designs to a wide variety of UK and International clients.
Many of our engineers are chartered and have a proven track record of providing high quality design and consultancy services. We encourage membership and networking activities in industry bodies including the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and sector specific bodies like the Nuclear Institute as part of our team’s personal development.
- Options selection and evaluation
- Value Engineering
- Concept design
- Equipment design and specification
- Control system specification
- CDM Assessment
- Design Substantiation
- Commissioning and Operations
- Commissioning procedures
- Preparation of commissioning test Documentation
- Hands on commissioning support
- Operational support and troubleshooting
- Plant optimisation
- Plant modifications.
- Fire Suppression Systems – Gas / Water
- Domestic Water
- Dry Risers
- Cooling Water systems including Towers
- Mechanical Design Hatches
- Glove Boxes
- Wall Boxes
- Tanking Design
- Racking Systems Designers
- Hydrant Mains
- High Pressure Steam Systems
- Pump Designers
- Mechanical Piping – high and low pressure
- Piping Stress Engineers
- PDMS Operators
- Active Ventilation
- Control Systems
- Shield Doors
- Mechanical Handling
- Gamma Gates
- Meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel.
- Fluent in English
- Drive, energy and ambition to achieve results.
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience of working in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Previous related work experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge or an understanding of relevant laws, regulations, processes and procedures, relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, HAZOP process etc. would be an advantage
- A graduate with a BSc/ BEng or MSc/ MEng in mechanical engineering
- A 2:2 (or equivalent) classification or above.