Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
AECOM has Geotechncial teams in a number of its offices across the UK. These teams handle a wide variety of projects based both in the UK and overseas. Some of this work is carried out directly for clients whilst other work is carried out for internal clients, usually as part of larger overall commissions.
Typical recent/current projects include:
- Jeddah Stormwater Drainage programme in Saudi Arabia, which involved a major ground investigation and design of 15 new embankment dams;
- Porto Novi - a major maritime/leisure development in a seismically active area;
- High Speed Two – phase two;
- A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon. Jazan, Saudi Arabia - a major port and economic city development in a seismically active area;
- Scottish Water - Shieldhall Tunnel: New 5.0km long, 4.0m diameter tunnel. Works include tunnel lining design, access shafts, open cut sections and treatment by drilling and grouting of shallow mining and mine shafts.
- A1 Leeming to Barton: Upgrading existing highway to motorway standard – including a new alignment and widening
We are also working on the Wallasea Wild Coast project which was shortlisted for the GE Awards Sustainability Award.
- Desk study research
- Geological interpretation and preparation of desk study reports
- Contribute to the planning and procurement of ground investigations
- Supervise site works
- Analysis of geotechnical data and contribute to preparation of geotechnical interpretative and design reports covering key areas such as foundations, retaining walls, slope stability, earthworks and relevant H&S regulations.
- AECOM has current 3D and 2D numerical analysis software, candidates with an interest in this will have the opportunity to develop skills in this area.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology
- An MSc/ MEng in Soil Mechanics/Geotechnical Engineering, or similar, would be an advantage
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office is essential, and competent use of ACAD/ Civil 3Dsoftware is desirable.
- Candidates with Geotechnical work experience would be preferred although this is not essential.