Graduate Leadership Programme – IT Technology
Dunelm is one of the leading Homeware retailers in the UK. We have enjoyed phenomenal success throughout our history, always staying true to our business principles and always keeping our entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of our business. The future is even more exciting. We’re looking for the brightest graduates not only to join us on our journey, but to help shape our future. You couldn’t join at a better time!!
The main objective is to provide you with all the tools that you need to become an outstanding future leader of our business. Right from the start you will embark on a structured programme with meaningful progression that gives you hands-on experience to build your knowledge of our customers and how we do business. To support your progression you will receive the training to develop both your technical and leadership skills.
Furthermore, we are proud to say that throughout the programme you will report to a member of our Executive Board of Directors. They will work with you to ensure that you are challenged and supported in your role, give you a high level strategic understanding of how we operate and give you the opportunity to work on a series of projects that will add value to our future performance. You will also have access to a support network of line managers and senior leadership team mentors. They will help support you to get the most from your experiences and to coach you as you progress.
- We will give you experience in different areas of our IT Departments. You'll gain a thorough insight (and real experience) into the integral role our IT team plays all the way through to how we really understand and put our customers first.
- You will spend your first 2 months as part of the Management team in a Dunelm Store, leading your team to deliver great customer service and developing a good understanding of our customers and their expectations.
- Based at our Store Support Centre in Leicester, you will then be part of a well-structured, rotational programme where you will have hands-on experience in each of our IT teams including IT Programmes, IT Services, Online Services, and Architecture & Security.
- For the duration of the Programme you will be integrated in to Dunelm’s leadership workshops and development programmes
- You will report directly to a member of the Executive Board of Directors and your progress and development with us will be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- To ensure maximum exposure you will also attend four Executive Board meetings over the two years where you will be required to present your findings from your last 6 months and make proposals for continuous improvement.
- A minimum 2:1 Degree (or equivalent) in any subject.
- You will have a genuine interest in Technology with a desire and ambition to become a future business leader.
- You will be self-motivated, resilient, ambitious and eager to seek out new learning opportunities.
- You will have relevant work experience and be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness and an understanding of general retail principles.
- You will have high standards of written and verbal communication, as well as advanced analytical skills and problem solving capability.
- You must be ready to start the programme at the beginning of September 2017.
To apply, please visit www.dunelmcareers.com/graduates where you will find more information about each of our Leadership Programmes. Closing Date: 31st December 2017