Marketing Assistant – Business Placement (12 months)
Our focus is to make sure that we communicate effectively and consistently in various forms of media that enhances the customers shopping experience at Dunelm. This is delivered through advertising, in-store marketing social media, publications etc. As a team, we play a key role in maximising our sales through everything that our Buying, Merchandising and Retail teams do. This is done through the collecting and analysing of customer feedback to make sure that we are meeting the needs of our customers.
Our team are based at our Store Support Centre in Leicester, a fantastic modern building and a great working environment. You will work with an experienced Marketing team who will give you both the job training and the personal support to help get the best out of the skills you have learnt through your academic career so far.
- Support the Marketing Executive with the running and delivery of promotional activity and projects/trials within our stores.
- Produce weekly and daily marketing reports.
- Write marketing briefs and produce artwork for Point of Sale (POS) marketing and tickets.
- Organise the production, sign off and dispatch of creative materials with our in house Print Managers and internal colleagues.
- Ensure the execution of all POS items into stores is well communicated, delivered on time, to budget and is suitably packaged and labelled.
- Perform POS audits on a regular basis and report to the Marketing Manager.
- Produce accurate tickets and POS elements for project launches using our internal systems, supporting the ticket team as and when required.
- Produce a report 3 times a week to monitor competitor activity in press and online mediums.
- Produce retail ready solutions and communications which are easy for our store colleagues to interpret and follow.
- Take briefs from relevant parties in order to provide detailed briefs for the in-house design and photography teams to produce artwork for POS. Work with them to ensure we have the best solution for the customer.
- Support the Marketing Executive in delivering projects.
- Ensure all POs are accurately raised in a timely manner and ready for Management to review at month end and that all invoices are checked and processed within the necessary timescales.
- Ensure all artwork is delivered on time and accurately, taking responsibility for checking spelling, grammar and content, gaining sign off from relevant ‘experts’ as and when required.
- Manage and deliver, accurately and on time and to budget any ad hoc projects at the request of the Marketing Management Team.
- An excellent team player with good communication skills
- Good commercial marketing skills
- Good organisation and administration skills and the ability to problem solve
- Thrive working in a fast paced environment, working to tight deadlines and prioritising your workload.
- A good understanding of the Dunelm customer
- Working with high attention to detail
- Planning and analytical skills
- Good PC skills (includes Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Discount in all our stores
- Competitive salary
- Great holiday allowance
Our business placement programme is specifically for undergraduates, for a period of 12 months which starts in July 2018.