Distribution & Logistics Assistant – Business Placement (12 months)
Distribution & Logistics is a real engine driver of our business, we keep our stores stocked with the right product at the right time and always available for our customers to purchase. With any modern multi-channel retailer, we rely on having an effective logistics supply chain. As a team we are focussed on managing the flow of Dunelm product through the supply chain, taking deliveries from an international supplier base through our 2 Distribution Centres and sent on to our stores in the most productive and cost efficient way we can. We also work side by side with our Merchandisers and suppliers to plan and manage stock volumes and importantly, to make sure we don’t exceed our capacities in the Distribution Centres.
Our team are based at our Distribution Centre in Stoke, a fantastic modern distribution operation and a great working environment. You will work with an experienced Logistics team who will give you both the job training and the personal support to help get the best out of the skills you have learnt through your academic career so far.
- During the 12 months period you will work across a number of key departments to build your knowledge and management experience of the logistics operation in the Distribution Centre. This includes:
- Responsible for a zone specific team operation. The operation includes the processing of both UK sourced and imported products ranging from furniture to kitchenware.
- Ensure that your team have clear direction and are fully engaged in delivering the businesses objectives.
- Work with your Shift Manager to understand the service level required for your zone and create plans to continuously improve service levels.
- Learning alongside our scheduling and capacity planning team
- Gaining a deeper understanding of our resource forecasting function
- Contribute towards developing planning methodologies alongside current processes
- Produce regular reports for use by the management team
- Support supply chain development projects
- Contribute towards monitoring supply chain performance
- An excellent team player with good communication skills
- Good commercial marketing skills
- Good organisation and administration skills and the ability to problem solve
- Thrive working in a fast paced environment, working to tight deadlines and prioritising your workload.
- A good understanding of the Dunelm customer
- Working with high attention to detail
- Planning and analytical skills
- Good PC skills (includes Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Discount in all our stores
- Competitive salary
- Great holiday allowance
Our business placement programme is specifically for undergraduates, for a period of 12 months which starts from July 2018