Buying Assistant – Business Placement (12 months)
Product is the life blood of our business and our Buyers love every home, working tirelessly to make sure our customers have everything they need. As a team, we ensure that we buy the right product at the right price. We work side by side as a close knit team with our Merchandisers, our Designers and our Quality team from initial concept and range building all the way through the product lifecycle and into our stores for our customers. This is the team that learn everything they can about the Dunelm customer by monitoring sales visiting stores to talk to customers and store colleagues so when the product lifecycle starts again, we are ready to build the best range we can.
Our team are based at our Store Support Centre in Leicester, a fantastic modern building and a great working environment. You will work with an experienced Buying team who will give you both the job training and the personal support to help get the best out of the skills you have learnt through your academic career so far.
- Buying department administration and sample management. This includes the communication of product changes, maintaining promotion schedules and internal bulletins.
- Ensure all relevant procedures are followed and appropriate paperwork is completed for product buys.
- Produce weekly sales reports.
- Produce costs calculations and costs sheets.
- Supplier liaison – including data collection and briefing artwork.
- The team’s first point of contact for our store colleagues – dealing with all relevant queries quickly and effectively.
- Preparation for key departmental meetings
- Complete regular competitor shop reviews
- Development of product knowledge and supplier capabilities to broaden skill base
- Creating and maintaining a good working relationship with suppliers
- Build your knowledge of market strategy, customer and competitor profiles
- An excellent team player with good communication skills
- Passion for our product combined with a strong commercial eye for product and retail
- Strong organisation and administration skills and the ability to problem solve
- A good understanding of the Dunelm customer
- Attention to detail with strong numerical, planning and analytical skills
- Strong PC skills
- Thrive working in a fast paced environment
- Thrive working as part of a team
- Discount in all our stores
- Competitive salary
- Great holiday allowance
Our business placement programme is specifically for undergraduates, for a period of 12 months which starts in July 2018