Part-Time Store Colleague
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 430 stores and over 280 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer.
Reporting into the Store Manager this is a Part time position where you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service throughout the store, ensuring that you always deliver the very highest standard of pet care and build strong working relationships within the store team and with our customers.
- Welcoming every customer to the store, whenever you can.
- Approaching all customers, building rapport to establish their pet care requirements.
- Sharing your skills and knowledge with customers to help them provide the best possible care for
- their pets.
- Completing sales correctly and efficiently at the till, and personally ensuring that every customer
- leaves the store with a fantastic farewell.
- Replenishing stock to ensure full availability to meet our customers’ shopping expectations.
Ensuring the store is clean, tidy and safe all the time.
- Caring for our pets with respect and sensitivity.
Making pets’ needs your priority – even if it means refusing a sale.
Promoting responsible pet ownership amongst your customers.
- Progressing through our world-class ‘Steps to Success’ training programme, which will give you the skills you will need to provide our customers with service that sets us apart as the best pet shop in the world.
Building and developing your personal knowledge of the pets and products we sell in order to share this information with our customers and advise them effectively.
- You will have previous experience, or an appreciation, of delivering excellent customer service as well as having a passion for pets.
- You'll also have the ability and proven experience of working well within a team and a desire to work and thrive within a fast-paced retail environment.
- Competitive rate of pay plus bonus.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home
- Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care
- Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
- Celebrating Special Occasions? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Team reward vouchers
- “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
- Charity Leave – You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme