We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people who will actively help the Store Manager increase sales throughout the store. You also need to be passionate about our products and have a desire to share that passion with our customers, creating a memorable shopping experience for each and every person who walks through the door.
- To follow Company Policy and management’s direction in order to contribute to shop’s financial goals
- Positively contribute to the stores KPI performance through customer acknowledgement and excellent product knowledge and open questioning skills allowing you to make relevant recommendations to match the customer’s needs.
- To ensure customers receive best possible service levels at all times, in order to establish solid repeat customer base and improve customer loyalty/mystery shop.
- Ensure accuracy of using the till and related security and housekeeping procedures
- Plays an active part in the financial success of the Store by actively seeking out targets, understanding the impact of ATV, the importance of controlling costs, stock rotation and cash handling.
- Supports the overall performance of the store by ensuring good communication with team members and demonstrating reliability and punctuality.
- Ensure that you provide the highest level of proactive customer service at all times (includes ensuring all customers are acknowledged with confidence)
- Demonstration of selling skills: Confidence in starting conversations with customers, using open questioning to identify needs, assured and relevant product recommendations, striving to increase a customer’s overall spend by offering supplementary items to compliment their purchase and using statements/questions that will ensure a purchase is made
- Strive to achieve the highest level of product knowledge by completing all relevant training, proactively keeping that knowledge up to date and actively seeking out information about new products.
- Identify the customer’s wants and needs and offer solutions that meet or exceed their expectations by sharing your product knowledge and storytelling.
- Through thorough product knowledge recommend products to customers and ensure that active tastings are offered in a meaningful way at all times.
- Provide an excellent till experience and ensure customer is aware of appropriate offers and promotions and actively promote their benefits to increase ATV.
- Maximise sales opportunities through your own commercial awareness of your store and your local environment.
- Seek out store and personal targets/KPIs, actively endeavour to achieve and generate ideas to exceed them.
- Take responsibility and accountability for daily tasks (as delegated to you by your Manager).
- Ensure Visual Merchandising is consistently implemented and maintained to company guidelines.
- Ensure displays are replenished (good stock rotation) and kept tidy to help customers with their selections.
- Ensuring accurate pricing and description of products in accordance with company guidelines.
- Read and action ALL appropriate communications from your Store / Deputy Manager and Head Office (e.g. DSB, emails, reports, Mystery Shopper feedback)
- Ensure good baseline standards, housekeeping and cleanliness of store at all times.
- Be aware of and take action to continually improve both personal performance and performance of the store.
- Proactively communicate relevant information to other appropriate areas of the business.
- Minimise and take reasonable precautions to eliminate the opportunities for theft of stock, your personal belongings and the money in the till, through constant vigilance, regular cash lifts, adherence to safe and banking procedures, and following accurate opening and locking up procedures.
- Control all costs and wastage to maximise profit and contribution from the store.
- To be aware at all times with all store procedures and ensure that they are adhered to i.e. H&S, cash handling, admin etc
- Help other people within the business to achieve the best results that they can.
- Seek out and seize opportunities to improve your performance within your role.
- Carry out ad hoc duties and responsibilities as and when requested by the Store Manager and or the business.
- Demonstrates a good standard of personal presentation in line with company dress code.
- Take responsibility for feeding back to your Manager regarding any issues affecting personal or store performance.
- GCSE/O Level Mathematics and GCSE/O Level English at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Desirable - NVQ qualifications in Retail and Customer service.
- Experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage.
- Customer Focus: Commitment to understanding customer needs and expectations and a strong desire to exceed them.
- Key commercial focus on contributing to a store environment driven to ‘selling’ and not just ‘serving’
- Good product knowledge and the ability to communicate and share that knowledge with customers
- Personal qualities such as self awareness and presentation
- Reliable and thorough with good attention to detail.
- Team focussed approach with ability to use initiative.
- Prepared to work alone.
- Flexibility to support team and company in working additional/different hours and at different locations as and when required
If you are interested in working for Whittard, please send us a covering letter along with your CV by email. Please also state in the subject line which vancancy you are interested in and where relevant which store.