We have an opportunity for a Support Engineer to join a leading manufacturer of broadcast and film technology.
You will be required to learn and support a range of our products to customers worldwide.
Digital Vision is the supplier of the world’s best colour grading, restoration and film scanning solutions for the broadcast, film, commercial and archive industries.
Founded in 1988 in Stockholm, Sweden, Digital Vision has offices in London, Los Angeles, Australia, and Stockholm in Sweden.
Digital Vision’s Emmy award winning technology and products include Nucoda and Phoenix colour grading, finishing, mastering and restoration solutions that are used to create much of the worlds’ high profile television, film and commercials media broadcast and distributed today.
In addition to the Nucoda and Phoenix ranges, Golden Eye film scanners and the Bifrost Archive Bridge solution provide innovative tools to create the industry recognised highest quality in scanning, film digitisation, preservation and archiving.
- We are a leading manufacturer and developer of high end software and hardware for the Broadcast and film industries based in East London.
- The Support Engineer role is within the Support Department which provides 24/7 support to our customers. You will work closely with the developers, QA department, and sales team, to deliver excellent service to our customers.
- The role will include occasional international travel for support and installation visits and may involve weekend work to facilitate this.
- Independently provide direct support, through telephone and our support ticket system, on all Digital Visions products to Digital Visions customer’s and distributors worldwide.
- Document and follow up of support actions including where necessary, escalation of issues to other departments.
- Independently carry out repairs and troubleshooting in-house and on request at customer sites.
- Independently carry out installations and system approvals in-house.
- Participate in marketing activities such as road shows and exhibitions.
- Participate in evaluation and alpha / beta testing of new products and software.
- Participate in sales / customer projects.
- Participate in the management of DVUK stock.
- Participate in the management of the departments ticket system.
- Participate in the management of customer records.
- We will also consider candidates that are recent leavers from university, however they will have to show exceptional knowledge, skills and aptitude.
- A Passport is essential for this role, as is a Right to Work in the UK.
- Knowledge and understanding of TV and/or Film post production technologies.
- Excellent IT skills, plus basic troubleshooting of Windows based PC’s and networks.
- Knowledge of different video and/or post production workflows.
- Ability to work unaided and manage your time effectively.
- Adapt to changing priorities/tasks whilst continuing to provide support in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure with demanding customers.
- Able to fault find methodically to find customer issues.
- Ability to document and log accurately day to day issues encountered.
- A keen interest in Post production and/or restoration software and technology.
- Willing to support the company in other tasks where necessary.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Nucoda, or other colour grading systems. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of film, scanning, or Telecine experience. (Desirable)
- Understanding of computer storage technologies. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Support Ticket Systems (Desirable)
- Valid passport is required.
- Full UK driving license will be an advantage.