Graduate Training Scheme – Commercial
Founded over 27 years ago, the company has grown into a highly successful creative communication group, employing over 150 staff. They provide creative communication, print production, direct mail and fulfilment solutions to a wide range of organisations across several industry sectors through both traditional and new media.
Their approach is especially relevant in today’s business environment. As media choice and access increase, your ability to respond quickly to market challenges is crucial. They look to develop genuine partnerships and an in depth understanding of every client’s organisation so that they can make the most effective contribution and add the most value.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and ambitious graduate to join a well established company on their Graduate Training Scheme.
- Due to continued success and growth of the business our client is currently looking to recruit four candidates to follow their 12 month training programme that covers all aspects of business from marketing & commercial, digital, modern printing techniques, design through to sales allowing successful candidates to gain a wide breadth of company knowledge.
- The training programme will involve both practical and commercial aspects of the business and is delivered in the following key sections:
- Marketing – Active project involvement working alongside the Marketing Director
- Digital – active involvement with web development projects and digital solutions
- Account Management and Sales – practical experience assisting the Account Managers with client facing opportunities
- Production Management – working with the Account Executive team managing projects from start to finish through all aspects
- Finance – overview of commercial accounting and financial management
- Design – working from head office in Northamptonshire
- Pre-press – Introduction to electronic reproduction and related processes
- Print – Basic principles of lithographic offset and digital printing with hands on experience of state of the art press technology
- Finishing – Guillotine, folding, stitching and related binding processes
- Distribution – Local, National, European and International delivery solutions
- Graduate trainees will also be required to help secure new business, by preparing tender documents for Public Sector opportunities.
- Progress will be monitored by continual assessment culminating in an end of course evaluation.
- 2:1 Degree in Maths, Business, Economics or IT
- Confident communication
- Ability to work on projects and manage deadlines
- Looking for a scheme that offers progression
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Digital – Some working knowledge of social media platforms are desirable
- Creative – the ability to understand a business’s brand
- Driving licence and transport
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays