GROUP STUDIO COPYWRITER - PLACEMENT YEAR
Here at New Look we like to think of ourselves as Rock Stars! Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
- As a New Look Product Copywriter, you will be writing all descriptions and product information for all products across the New Look ecommerce website, based at our fantastic studio in London.
- Working with one other copywriter, you will write up to 300 products per day so you must be a fast writer with a high attention to detail.
- Working from a daily spreadsheet to write all descriptions and product information for all products across the site covering womens, mens, accessories, plus size, maternity and teens.
- Inputting all product information including washcare, fabric composition, dimensions/length etc directly into the CMS
- Working closely with the ecommerce merchandising and photography teams to ensure all product information is up to date and correct and that copy reflects product seen in imagery
- Working to a very strict deadline — all products on daily lists MUST be complete by the end of each working day
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the group buying and merchandising teams to ensure correct product information is placed online
- Awareness of SEO impacts on product descriptions and titles, working with Digital Marketing team to ensure correct terms are used where applicable
- Ensuring the New Look tone of voice is adhered to across all written descriptions
- Keeping a copy style guide updated with new terms and descriptions
- You should have a basic knowledge of fashion terms and be able to work in both Excel and an ecommerce platform/CMS on a daily basis.
- You will be inputting product information daily, so as well as being able to write small pieces of editorial copy you must be adept at adding fabric information, fit type, dress lengths and washcare information to the system.
- While our product descriptions do include small snippets of 'how to wear' copy, please note that this is not an editorial role.
- Basic knowledge of fashion terms and an awareness of fashion trends
- Knowledge of Excel and working in spreadsheets
- Experience of CMS/ecommerce platform
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent spelling and knowledge of grammar
- Highly organised
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail