Graduate Logistics Training Scheme
The company is one of the most successful logistics companies in the UK today, providing supply chains solutions to a wide portfolio of blue chip customers mainly within the world of retail. The company has a turnover of c. £220m, growing eightfold in the last decade. The company handles up to 15,500 moves a week with a fleet of over 1,000 vehicles.
The business combines talented transport professionals, leading edge IT systems, an unrivalled national network of port-based and inland depots and a modern fleet of carbon-friendly vehicles. Their reputation is based on delivering consistent, high quality, cost-effective transport and related services to its customers and setting the benchmark in all of the sectors it serves.
- This graduate training scheme is perfect for ambitious, dynamic graduates who are keen to pursue a career in transport and logistics. Training is work-based and provides an excellent grounding in the industry and the company.
- You will start your role at the grass roots level, working in the operational side of the business, gaining a thorough understanding of the client base and the operational side of the business before progressing further up the career ladder.
- Career progression is limitless, driven by your personal commitment, ambition and desire to succeed. With such a diverse business profile, customer portfolio and geographic coverage, you can enjoy a long and rewarding career with a true market leader.
- Degree in business, logistics or economics related fields - ideally
- IT literate, with excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding initiative and work ethic
- Dynamic, ambitious, driven & self motivated
- Proactive and Solutions orientated
- Driving licence and own transport essential
- Pension scheme, strong progression routes, Company car or car allowance equivalent once employee has progressed to next level. Discretionary bonus scheme