Graduate Geo-environmental Consultant
We strive to offer our employees a real purpose at work; to be part of a global community that is shaping the future of our built environment and facilitating sustainable developments. Our employees are challenged to solve the major problems facing societies today and together we are proud to deliver elegant and sustainable solutions for our buildings and cities. Ground Engineering plays an integral role in this as the ground and soil are precious resources that need careful management and appropriate foundation and remediation solutions.
As we're a lot smaller than other well-known consultancies, we can offer our people multiple opportunities to learn, develop and challenge themselves and give them a strong purpose in the workplace. In our recent Employee Engagement Survey 93% of our employees believe the experience they gain with us will support future career prospects.
From the first interrogation of the site, through to the consideration of design, safety and economy are our guides. BuroHappold’s Ground Engineering group provides its clients with a capability that spans structural, building, civil and environmental engineering. We employ an integrated ground engineering approach where our geotechnical and geoenvironmental specialists work together in practice wide multi-disciplinary teams.
- Etihad Stadium, UK. BuroHappold undertook geoenvironmental and geotechnical investigations and a review of previous remedial works to provide data on ground constraints for the expansion of the Etihad Stadium and to meet planning requirements. The redevelopment was to increase the capacity of the Etihad stadium, by expanding the existing south stand.
- You will be tasked with carrying out geoenvironmental investigations of land normally prior to development. The work spans the full range of activities from initial phase 1 desk based assessments through investigation and risk assessment to remediation and verification.
We like our people to see a project through from start to finish so the work involves periods on site supervising and directing investigation work, observing and verifying remediation activity. It also involves office-based work comprising data review, risk assessment (qualitative and quantitative) and reporting. This work includes meetings with clients, regulators and other members of the engineering design team.
- You will be supported by other senior members of the team with whom they will liaise, but you will be expected to demonstrate appropriate self-sufficiency in their various tasks for each project. For example;
- Under guidance of senior staff, represent BuroHappold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Ensure that appropriate service/design decisions are met,.
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team.